Flint Hills Resources is seeking a Controls Engineer to support our FHR Houston plant. As a key part of Koch Industries, Flint Hills Resources creates superior value for our customers and society using our Market-Based Management approach in the areas of refining, olefins, polymers, and biofuels. FHR Houston was the first Catofin propane dehydrogenation plant in the United States, and worldwide, we remain the most productive Catofin plant in our size class.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Translate conceptual ideas for control modifications into control logic, in collaboration with Process Engineers.
- Tune controls loops in the operating process units, in coordination with Operators.
- Perform logic modifications on plant controls systems, including PLC programs.
- Perform downloads and control modifications to online systems, including development of the appropriate bypassing and risk mitigations steps to ensure no disruptions to operations.
- Participate in the design and implementation of Advanced Process Controls and State-Based Controls projects.
- Participate in controls design review, FAT, SAT, and commissioning for capital projects.
- Assist operations with troubleshooting of control systems, including as part of Houston’s night & weekend on-call rotation.
- Lead Decision-Making Framework and Management of Change activities for relevant projects, including value estimation, risk assessment, and operations feedback.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an operating process plant, such as refining or petrochemicals, in a role directly supporting process controls.
- Experience with Honeywell DCS Systems.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs, such as those in a plant operating area.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or computer science field.
- Experience with Honeywell Safety Manager.
- Experience with Schneider Triconex PLC’s.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s.
- Experience with Aspen DMC.
- Experience with the implementation or maintenance of State-Based Controls.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf