Remote Process Control Engineer
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a qualified professional for the role of Remote Process Control Engineer within the corporate Process Control Center of Excellence based in Atlanta, GA. This position may be homebased.
A successful candidate will enjoy utilizing engineering expertise to remotely solve problems and improve the reliability and functionality of existing control systems and instrumentation. While primarily a homebased remote role, travel to sites will periodically be required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring the facility's control systems are operating safely, reliably, efficiently
- Providing troubleshooting and support of the daily manufacturing operation
- Providing guidance to manufacturing operations on selection and implementation of process control technologies and strategies
- Designing, programming, modifying and maintaining the mill’s control systems
- Pursuing engineering solutions to resolve equipment deficiencies
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Paper Science Engineering
- 2 or more years of professional experience working with DCS and PLC based systems to include troubleshooting, configuration, and design
- Ability to travel up to 50% to the site
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working within a Pulp and Paper operation
- 5 or more years of professional experience working with DCS and PLC based control systems to include troubleshooting, configuration, and design
- Experience with Honeywell TDC and Experion
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf