Test and Automation Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Sentient Energy, a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), deploys networked analytic systems and intelligent Smart Grid sensors that bring unprecedented insight of grid conditions to the Operations and Control Centers for improved efficiencies and control. Our technologies leverage wireless radio communications from mesh-radio Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) or Distribution Automation (DA) communications networks, cellular connections including the latest 4G LTE networks and more. Our analytics are deployed within Sub-station SCADA and Operations Center DMS systems as well as cloud-based hosted systems. Networking and grid monitoring and control are our strengths and value-add to our customers.
Sentient Energy in Santa Clara, CA is looking for a Test and Automation Engineer that is interested in joining an extremely passionate and talented team to take on the challenge of making the power grid safer, more reliable and more efficient. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and dynamic individual who demands the highest level of product quality. This person has a track record of being execution oriented, and willing to take on any challenges necessary to get the job done.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Take over primary ownership of our python test execution framework. Upgrade, maintain and extend automation functionality that is used to validate Sentient products on the production floor at 9 vendors and counting
- Serve as the team lead in improving and maintaining code quality
- Extend our unit test framework to ensure future changes do not affect existing tests
- Work with the Ruby on Rails front end to build new features, integrate with contract manufacturer’s reporting systems, and extend test functionality
- Work with Quality and Engineering groups to make sure the test framework meets the needs of other stakeholders in the organization
- Provide ongoing manufacturing test support, integration of new product tests, resolution of technical issues, and providing documentation and drawings
- Write and maintain test process documentation
- Make recommendations to improve, and implement, new production test procedures and fixtures
- Develop strategies to improve test throughout robustness and to lower the cost/time needed to develop fixtures and processes for new product releases
- Analyze test procedures for coverage gaps and work to mitigate
- Provide ongoing manufacturing test support, integration of new product tests, resolution of technical issues, and providing documentation
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ Years of experience in electronics manufacturing industry in Manufacturing Test or in QA
- 3+ years of Python experience
- Experience with object-oriented Python 3, pytest or similar unit test framework
- 2+ years of Linux and shell scripting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma or Equivalent
What Will Put You Ahead
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience building and maintaining a test framework
- Experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails
- Linux administration experience
- Experience with mesh networks (SilverSprings, Landis and Gyr, etc) or 4G cellular networks
- Test equipment interfaces (Agilent/Keysight, BK Precision, Chroma, etc)
- Ability to write thorough test procedures
This position is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.