Engineering Lab Technician-Signal Integrity
Molex Connected Mobility Solutions product development team is seeking a talented Engineering Lab Technician-Signal Integrity to join our team in Rochester Hills Michigan within our newest and fast-growing segment. As we continue to launch new programs, we are looking for a strong Engineering Lab Technician to join our team and work with our globally diverse, multi-functional, engineering teams. You would be joining a high-performing team with strong product development and launch experience.
The ideal candidate is someone with a passion to conduct experiments and perform tests to help develop best in class crimp technologies for our cable / connector systems used in the automotive market. The person has a passion for delivering value to users and the business through best-in-class engineering and product testing support. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you in this role you will be responsible for hands on construction, modification, testing, troubleshooting, and root cause failure analysis of Molex’s conductors & cable interconnects during engineering development for the Connected Mobility Solutions Business Unit.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build and Modify high speed cables and wire assemblies with crimped terminals for various mechanical, environmental, & electrical tests including Impedance, Insertion Loss, Return Loss, Capacitance, etc. using both manual and automated tools.
- Work with design engineers performing experiments to develop new products.
- Analyze, document, and communicate test results
The Experience You Will Bring
5+ years’ work experience in a related field
- Experience with any of the following: Crimped termination, Soldered Terminations, Welded Terminations, Interconnect, COAX, Twisted Pair, OR Power/Signal wires
What Will Put You Ahead
- Hand crimp tools
- Hand force measurement tools
- Experience using lab equipment such as LLCR meter, Microscopes, continuity meter, multimeter, Vector Network Analyzers (VNA), Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR), Oscilloscopes, etc.
- Root Cause Failure Analysis & trouble shooting skills of interconnects / wire terminations
- Experience working in an engineering laboratory working with crimp technologies
- Proficient in reading and executing test plans
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and in a team Experience using Stature, Polarion, or similar Test Plan development & management tools is a plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf