Process Control Engineer
Georgia-Pacific is seeking motivated and inquisitive individuals to consider for our Process Control Engineer position located in Monticello, MS.
Individuals in this space will need good technical and communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team to solve problems. A successful individual in this role must be willing to take personal initiative to understand unit operations, gain relevant knowledge, engage SME's and must be able to work both individually and as a part of a team in a dynamic environment. He/ she must also be able to work autonomously and responsive to the needs of the sites that operate 24/7.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Display knowledge of and the ability to leverage experience in manufacturing processes to optimize performance; processes include chemical recovery, chemical wood pulping, power and utilities, gauging systems, wastewater treatment and environmental controls
- Provide demonstrated leadership of the application of process control techniques
- Must be able to lead and work closely with mill and corporate personnel to identify opportunities and create value for shareholders.
- Support of process operations, through both the application of the process control systems and general troubleshooting of the processes
- Development of process control advancements that lead to improved safety, reduced costs, and improved efficiency
- Support the growth of analytics and the collection of data, application of historian systems, and the application of systems to reduce process interventions
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Engineering
- Three or more years of experience with process support and optimization including evidence of improving manufacturing processes
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel to extract and analyze large data sets
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience supporting process control systems via local and remote networks
- Engineering and application experience with process control systems such as: Allen Bradley PLCs; Delta V; ABB 800 XA; Honeywell TDC 3000; or Experion DCS
- Experience with network technology
- Experience with Model adaptive predictive controls
- Experience with supporting process control systems in each area of a Pulp and Paper mill
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf