Engineer 2, Production
What You Will Do In Your Role
Supervisory roles (65%)
- Supervise junior Engineer, Assistant Engineer, Specialist, Technician & Operator and develops continuous improvement of quality system to achieve production yield and target.
- Ensure steady flow of production activity, produce the right product, in the right quality, quantity and at the right time.
- Ensure optimal machine utilization.
- Oversee the Production Department scheduling, production control, inventory control and output.
- Motivate and develop a cohesive production team.
- Initiate, recommend, investigate, trouble-shoot, and provide solutions and actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the products, process, and quality system.
- To lead a team of technicians and operators to meet the quantity and quality.
- In charge of the production daily output requirements and operational efficiency.
- Responsible for the production operators' discipline and attendance, as well as plan their working shift schedules.
- Ensure EICC (Electronic Industry Code of Conduct) compliances.
- Liaise with production on planning output requirements.
- Involve in internal and external audit.
- Managing worker payroll, clocking and attendance by using Kronos systems.
- Work closely with external manufacturer from local & oversea on scheduling, production control, inventory control requirements and operational efficiency.
- Minimize yield loss and conformance to products’ specifications.
- Improve COPQ & create saving opportunities.
- Production support to meet production planned by PIC, for both in-house and vendor (maybe oversea) quality/process problems.
- Provide coaching and supervision for new engineer, Assistant Engineer or Specialist
- Provision headcount to support production for new product launch or quality issue, when needed.
- Provide proper storage, control and maintenance of documents within the department to ensure security and efficient retrieval of documents as well as conformance to stipulated regulations, such controls should include of maintaining a master listing for all controlled documents, maintaining a record of the distribution and retrieval histories of documents, proper disposal of obsolete documents and maintaining a record for controlled documents issued by centralized document control.
- Proper documentation control of process capability, studies, process FMEA, SOP, Process Specification, OJT Task Analysis, training’s record and production records. With reference from TS16949 requirement.
- To conduct training, if applicable, to employees within the department to ensure proper documentation and record control are practiced effectively within the department.
- To drive cost reduction for direct labor cost, variable overhead and fixed overhead cost within his/her group.
- Ensuring that a culture of strong and effective teamwork exists within the production team.
Technical roles (35%)
- Keep track of all project deadline and budgetary expenditure.
- New products – responsible for working with Automation, Product Design Engineer, QA and components Engineer, ensuring the release for manufacturing. Full Qualification must be done.
- Embarks on productivity, quality, cost reduction program, machine, and process improvement, as and when needed.
- Work closely with all operations to improve quality level.
- To comply to MBM Guiding Principles for the job carry out under his responsibility.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Implementing project plans and schedules in a timely manner.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree/ Diploma in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Production Engineering
- Min 5 years of production related experience required
- Working knowledge on Process improvement
What Will Put You Ahead
- Robotics, control, software or vision programming
- Six-sigma (is an advantage but not necessary)