Oil Analyst Intern
The interns will work directly with the Asian commercial team. The team consists of a number of nationalities who have traded in a dozen countries in all areas of oil and derivatives. Their focus is oil products trading in both physical and swaps markets. They have a track record of leading, mentoring and developing talent throughout the organization. The interns will have a rare opportunity to be guided directly by the experienced Commercial Team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Opportunities to Contribute
The interns will be responsible for analyzing Oil Products Flows in Asia. Gather information on cargo movements in the Asia-Pacific arena and evaluate projections published by oil companies and various agencies. The interns will also own data gathering and entry for the Asia-Pacific Supply & Demand model and will be the key communicator to communicate the outputs effectively and timely to the Commercial Team. Both these responsibilities will provide an insight on the how the Commercial team collate and utilize the public information to build market knowledge for trading.
The interns will be expected to perform independent analysis and help refine global distillates/fuel oil balance outlook. They will also be participating in the traders' meeting to share findings and contribute to the commercial mental modelling for new trades.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient computer applications knowledge in Excel and be able to work macros as well as VB programing for Excel.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills and have ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Must be a self-motivated individual and able to work independently without close supervision.
- The candidate should display intellectual curiosity and passion for the subject matter and should communicate with the Team as such.