Director of Environmental Sustainability
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America and South America.
We are hiring for a Director of Environmental Sustainability to join our Atlanta-based team! The Director will lead our environmental sustainability capability across each of the Georgia-Pacific businesses (Packaging & Cellulose, Consumer Products & Building Products).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure GP businesses, customers, consumers, and other stakeholders understand GP’s environmental sustainability performance, providing assurance that GP is an ethical and responsible company
- Discover, understand, and analyze potential environmental trade-offs and opportunities in the supply chain and GP operations
- Work with our customers and reporting schemes such as CDP to calculate and report resource efficiency and emissions across our supply chain.
- Oversee career development and performance of environmental sustainability team, mentor team members on MBM principles (company values), and encourage collaboration within the sustainability team
- Advise GP businesses and innovation teams as they build environmental sustainability into GP brands and marketing materials.
- Build, interpret, and effectively communicate internally and externally conducted ISO-compliant life cycle assessment results
- Leverage a market-based approach to managing impacts across our industry ensuring that the methodology applied is consistent with ISO standards
- Assist, interpret and/or participate in LCA, PCR, and EPD studies GP contracts either through industry associations or as a consulting service maintaining GP’s POV
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proven experience leading strategic initiatives and communicating with senior leaders regarding environmental impacts and/or sustainability efforts
- Knowledge of environmental impacts including resource intensity and emissions.
- A minimum of 25% travel to work with manufacturing facilities, industry activity, or to address customer needs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Experience with Life cycle assessment (LCA) results
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf