Process Control Engineer
Georgia Pacific is seeking a qualified Process Control Engineer for the Perry, Fl – Foley Cellulose Fibers Mill. Our open position is one of a six-member Process Control Team reporting to the Process Control Manager. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual and display personal ownership of Safety, Manufacturing, and Operational initiatives while working effectivity in a Team Environment.
At GP Foley, members of our Process Control Team are key contributors to Koch’s vision of Operational Transformation through automation. We are working beyond traditional controls configuration task and designing our workflow to focus on process optimization. You will have the opportunity to apply your talents to design and implement control improvements while working with others across our organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide primary Process Control support to an assigned production area within the mill
- Compile and analyze data for data driven improvement processes and reduce variation
- Review and Contribute to Control System Standards
- Design and maintain Advanced Process Control Applications
- Participate in Alarm Rationalization process and apply Alarm philosophy to new controls design
- Apply HMI Standards to development of Operator Displays
- Provide process control expertise to support process and project engineering efforts, work with outside engineering vendors to ensure successful, on-schedule projects
- Participate in process troubleshooting activities to improve quality and reliability
- Share in the responsibility of providing weekend and after-hour support for Process Control needs
- Participate in the Management of Change process to design, implement, and maintain process control system upgrades and modifications
- Participate in Process Safety Management and Project Safety Readiness Reviews
- Provide documentation of control systems to assist with training for Operators and E/I technicians
- Exercise compliance relative to environmental, safety, and business practices
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Two years or more of experience with Process Controls systems (please note: experience could be a combination of internship and full-time employment)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Configuration/Programming experience using Honeywell Experion, Honeywell TDC3000, Rockwell PLC, and/or Modicon PLC
- Knowledge of High-Performance HMI, Human Centered Design, or ISA-101 principles
- Alarm Management Principles, PAS Plant State Suite
- Control loop tuning and performance evaluation tools, process data historians, i.e.; AspenTec, OSISoft PI, and Parcview
- Experience with instrumentation, electrical, ethernet networking and industrial communications protocols associated with Process Control Systems
- Commissioning of Instrumentation with HART tools like Field Device Manager
- ISA100 or Wireless Hart systems
- Experience with Data Analysis Tools
- Process knowledge of Pulp and Paper Manufacturing
- Exposure to Honeywell and\or Andritz Advance Process Controls
The Foley mill, which has been in operation since 1954, has the capability to produce over 460,000 tons of Dissolving, Specialty and Fluff cellulose each year. Our fluff pulp is delivered to customers worldwide for a variety of high-end uses & converting technologies, including clothing, tires, shampoo, diapers, filters & towels. Perry, Florida is approximately 50 miles outside of Tallahassee - Florida’s state capitol and home to Florida State and Florida A&M Universities! It is also within short driving distance of several beautiful Gulf Coast sand beaches and an easy adventure to St. George’s Island for some fresh seafood and boating!
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf