Global Category Manager-Electronics
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company, is a leading global outsource provider of design and manufacturing services to the drug delivery, consumable diagnostics, medical device and specialty commercial markets.
We are currently seeking a Global Category Manager - Electronics to provide sourcing expertise for New Product Development teams and manufacturing sites.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Subject matter expert in the field of Electronics sourcing at a global level
- Leads and executes the quoting of all electronics components for Product Development and NPI with the purpose to win new business and get best in-class pricing for all electronic components
- Utilize your industry contacts and experience to proactively build out appropriate suppliers of components suitable for intelligent handheld or body worn medical devices
- Establish Design for Supply Chain for newly developed and quoted Devices including competitive BOM-Costs and Risk assessment of the electronics components of such a device.
- Leverage the Category Management structure of the company to get best pricing and drive cost-out projects
- Represent Supply Chain on internal and customer facing teams, providing influential input to ensure business and Supply Chain criteria are incorporated in the product development process
- Generate cost models using collected data from internal and external sources and suppliers
- Proactively evaluate and negotiate various sourcing, supply, and engineering services agreements as necessary to support development and new product introduction
- Participate as part of the Corporate Sourcing team to achieve Corporate sourcing cost reduction goals and help develop and support corporate supply chain initiatives and strategies
- Work in conjunction with Quality to lead sourcing and supplier selection efforts to support the needs of the new projects as well as the manufacturing sites
- Coordinate the transfer of program information and responsibilities to commodity manager and/or manufacturing location such that they are effective in meeting program goals
- Participate in quarterly Purchasing Team meetings, help formulating agendas and providing occasional presentations
- Some programs may have vision requirements Other duties as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain or equivalent education/experience.
- Knowledge of microelectronics such as PCBA, micro displays, custom batteries, sensors
- Experience with SAP or other high level ERP system
- Experience in product development cycle supply chain and/or operations
Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience with medical device contract manufacturing
- Ability to assess both long term technological and business viability of suppliers
- Procurement education and or experience is highly desired
- Project Management skills
- Microsoft Office skills and quoting software such as QuoteWin
- Leadership skills including ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical ability
This position does not qualify for VISA sponsorship - In order to comply with U.S. Export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic In Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf