Georgia-Pacific is recruiting for an off-shift Production Supervisor at the Denton, Texas Corrugated Sheetfeeder facility.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a value and lead a crew of employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence and quality. Must possess strong interpersonal communication and technical skills as well as being capable of leading transformation initiatives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental
- Coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, housekeeping, 5s efforts, and problem solving
- Ongoing focus on reducing downtime and waste; ensuring best practices are being followed for minimization of waste
- Strong emphasis on cross-training and building the bench strength of the team
- Addressing key issues and concerns; interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality and on-time production
- Exemplify and drive Market-Based Management® culture
- Ensure quality standards are met on a continuous basis
- Engaging in continuous improvement opportunities and providing leadership/action plans for gap closure
- Partnering with the reliability and maintenance team to ensure machines are maintained to specifications
- Plan, assign, and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; pro-actively communicate issues and results daily
- Able to cover for other shifts and overtime as needed
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working within a fast-paced manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
- Experience using a computerized maintenance management system
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, and simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working with KIWI application
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging/containerboard, or sheetfeeder industry
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf