Senior Accountant (Packaging)
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Senior Accountant to support our Corrugated Packaging Division. This role will drive value by providing month-end closing and centralized support for multiple West Coast corrugated facilities in the United States. In an average month, travel of less than five days (including some overnight stays) is expected. The successful candidate must be self-directed, able to manage multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and have a desire to grow.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers as well as many specialty-packaging products, (including double- and triple-wall boxes, bulk bins, water-resistant packaging, and high-finish packaging) for many industries.
Georgia-Pacific LLC is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform accounting and month-end closing activities in a timely and accurate manner, ensure compliance with company policies
- Perform monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations, investigate differences, and determine resolution to resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Ad hoc analysis and financial reporting including tracking vs. Plan
- Develop subject matter expertise in corrugated accounting processes and consistent application across the Division
- Create value through process improvement and standardization
- Partner with the corrugated analytical team to support Division analytical requirements
- Field support for physical inventory counts at plant locations and off-site third-party warehouses
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Previous experience in an Accounting, Audit, or Finance focused role that required a working knowledge of Accounting processes and Internal Financial Controls
- Solid understanding of Accounting General Ledger and Month End Close, Account Reconciliations and Variance Analysis, Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365 (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Willing to travel - including some overnight stays – in order to meet the responsibilities noted above
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA, MAcc, CPA, or other professional business certification
- Manufacturing industry experience: Cost Accounting, or Operations Accounting experience is a plus!
- Inventory management experience (i.e. counts, reconciliation, transfers, valuation)
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in Accounting roles is preferred
- SAP, Infor or other large ERP; integrated financial system experience
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, or Alteryx) can put you ahead
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf