Senior Accountant (GP Mailers)
Georgia-Pacific Corrugated is at an exciting moment where we are expanding our GP Mailers Business! We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join the GP Mailers team that will support our New ‘start up’ facility outside of Atlanta, GA. This visible role provides key business support functions for a new business venture and location. We are recruiting forward thinking individuals who are driven to innovate and who thrive in a dynamic environment. In this role, you will work across departments and lead the daily, weekly and monthly financial processes, ensure proper internal controls are in place and support management with proactive financial analysis that drives improvements. You will also have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience for advancement to positions of greater responsibility and technical ability throughout the Koch companies.
Georgia-Pacific LLC is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Daily and weekly invoice and payables support
- Internal financial control responsibility
- Inventory Management
- Inventory Valuation
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations
- Month-end close process
- Forecasting and Monthly Ad Hoc Reporting
- Business partnering with Operations
- Support of centralized accounting teams
- Transactional process improvement and standardization initiatives
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Previous experience in an Accounting, Audit, or Finance focused role that requires a working knowledge of Accounting processes and Internal Financial Controls
- Solid understanding of Accounting General Ledger and Month End Close, Account Reconciliations and Variance Analysis, Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365 (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Willing to travel-including some overnight stays–in order to meet the responsibilities noted above
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA, MAcc , CPA, or other professional business certification
- Manufacturing industry experience: startup operations or plant support roles are a plus!
- Inventory, Cost Accounting, or Operations Accounting experience is ideal
- At least3years of progressive experience in Accounting is preferred
- SAP, Infor or other large ERP; integrated financial system experience
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, or Alteryx) can put you ahead
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf