Packaging & Cellulose and Building Products BI and Data Analytics group is looking for a Technical Data Architect to join our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial minded innovators who can help us further develop this service of exceptionally high value to our business.
A successful candidate will bring advanced knowledge of best-in-class development methodologies, data architecture strategy and road map, and techniques. Proven track record in designing and building data centric infrastructure. Must have a deep understanding of modern technology landscape.
You must be enthusiastically collaborative, passionate about working with people, constantly seeking value, open to challenge and being challenged with new ideas and established approaches with an appetite for learning and innovation.
Must have the initiative, passion and negotiation skills for driving rapid technical advancement Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Define and refine PKG/BP data strategy by working closely with Enterprise Architects, Data Governance and App/Dev & BI Leadership for alignment
- Guide and mentor Data Engineers on best practices in building systems that align with the enterprise data strategy.
- Prioritize, organize and coordinate simultaneous tasks/projects
- Experimenting with new technologies and solutions, identifying ways we can use technology to create superior value for our customers.
- Collaborate with a diverse IT team including business analysts, project managers, architects, developers or vendors to create or optimize innovative technologies and solutions
- Provide data architecture guidance for various project teams
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities and able to articulate ideas and technical solutions via verbal and diagrams.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 10 - 15 years’ experience as a Data Architect responsible for defining data strategy in alignment with business objectives.
- 10- 15 years’ experience developing and maintaining data roadmaps, data standards, data domain structures and defining data assets types.
- 5 – 7 Years of experience in customer facing roles (Internal and external) with exemplary communication and written skills. Ability to articulate complex ideas to a individuals with varying technical expertise.
- 7+ years of experience the building data strategy in multi cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure. AWS native tools set – S3, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambda, Python & exposure to Kinesis, Glue, R, or similar tools.
- 7+ Years of data warehousing and BI experience. Must have expert level knowledge in multi-dimensional databases, cubes, and data warehouses, experience writing SQL queries against relational databases (SQL Server, Postgres SQL etc.…). Understanding the big data landscape, building data pipelines or ETL processes
- 3 - 5 years’ exposure in visualization tools, such as Tableau or PowerBI
What Will Put You Ahead
- Understanding of Meta Data & Master Data Management concepts & practices
- Experience working with enterprise data stores, data lakes, external data sources and APIs
- Experience working with remote teams spread across the globe
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Experience with broad set of analytics use cases; one or more of supply-chain, transportation, sales and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf