Field Service Engineer (Remote Role)
Koch Separation Solutions (KSS) is looking for a Field Service Engineer to perform several tasks to assist KSS commission systems purchased by clients, assist clients in different tasks, and support KSS Sales with technical details of our products. We will provide on the job training and a great team atmosphere. The right person must be open to learning, take feedback, and be driven to be successful.
This position is based in Wilmington, MA, however, it is open to the individual working remotely. This role will require up to 50% travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform customer support activities involving the service, installation, maintenance, modification and repair of Koch Separation Solution's membranes and systems. Be capable of perform service activities of systems comprised of combined technologies, such as MBR, UF, NF, and RO filtration technologies. Demonstrate knowledge of filtration systems in the food, dairy, beverage, e-coat and water and waste water applications.
- Perform controls engineering tasks within the Engineering Services Group by troubleshooting controls issues and modifying PLC and HMI code in the field as required to achieve successful project execution while minimizing the Controls Engineers time in the field.
- Participate in and conduct customer training sessions.
- Provide in-house telephonic customer support for technical problems and questions.
- Participate proactively in a 24/7 emergency on call duty roster
- Identify and pursue sales opportunities (membranes, systems, field services, cleaning chemicals and replacement parts). This includes directing all leads to the appropriate group for follow up.
- Provide technical support for inspection of outsourced systems to determine supplier compliance with KSS specifications and procedures.
- Assist both the Mechanical Design and Engineering and Controls Engineering Groups in the development of as-built drawings and documentation.
- Write and prepare Operation and Maintenance Manuals for new and custom membrane filtration systems.
- Assist in the revision of Operation and Maintenance Manuals for existing "standard" membrane system designs.
- Travel 50% (average) mainly domestically and in north and central America.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years industry experience in PLC/HMI
- 1+ years industry experience handling hydraulic equipment, including pumps, valves and instrumentation
- 1+ years experience utilizing Microsoft Office products in a professional environment
- Ability to travel up to 50%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience as a mechanical, chemical, environmental or electrical engineer or licensed electrician with PLC/HMI experience
- 2+ years hands on experience with equipment used for large scale filtration systems
- 5+ years industry experience in PLC/HMI
- Bilingual in Spanish
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf