ASSET AVAILABILITY LEADER
The Asset Availability Leader (AAL) has overall accountability for meeting asset availability/equipment reliability objectives in the Spinning and Melt Areas. The successful candidate owns the availability of area assets and equipment, and works directly with Operations, Maintenance, Reliability and Utilities teams to meet business needs. Strategic leadership of work to deliver increasing levels of uptime, yield and productivity is the primary focus of the role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Responsibilities / Expectations:
- Provide leadership to meet/exceed key operations targets in safety, quality, reliability, production, and cost.
- Develop long-range strategies to ensure assets are available to meet production targets.
- Track and report periodic AAL metrics and drive improvements to close any gaps.
- Monitor key reliability measures and establish additional measures as needed.
- Actively participate in troubleshooting and problem-solving processes for area issues that significantly impact the key drivers.
- Partner with Reliability, Operations, Maintenance, and Technical to develop strategies and projects to improve reliability.
- Facilitate Root Cause Failure Analysis and promote simple and formal root cause analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Lead efforts to reduce unplanned asset related events and control costs associated with unscheduled outages.
- Manage Asset Utilization Database to identify trends and opportunities through data analysis.
- Identify reliability improvement opportunities and work with Reliability and Maintenance organizations on handoffs.
- Partner with Reliability, Operations, Maintenance, and Planning teams to develop and execute turnaround scopes.
- Ensure equipment materials, master data, and stocking strategies are in place to minimize equipment downtimes caused by equipment failures.
- Lead planning of equipment repair schedules via the Critical Rely Process and Overhauls.
- Engaging leadership, management, problem solving and decision-making skills, critical thinking, and innovation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in working with various levels
- Solid time management and organization skills to set priorities, manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete tasks in a timely manner.
The Experience You Will Bring
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Intermediate level computer application skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint (create charts, pivot tables, format cells, create/use formulas in Excel, plot and analyze data); able to quickly learn multiple software systems
- Experience in root cause analysis techniques or other similar problem-solving systems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at a manufacturing or industrial process site
What Will Put You Ahead
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience at a polymer industry manufacturing site
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Process Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Maintenance Engineering or similar role
- Minimum of 2 years’ SAP experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf