Cutting Table Operator
Cutting Table Operator
Our Guardian Glass facility in DeWitt, IA is looking for Cutting Table Operators. If you are self-motivated and are eager to learn new things, then this may be the role for you!
We have just implemented a NEW starting rate for this role. Start at $22.00hr with an increase to $22.50hr at six months and $23.00hr after one year of employment. There is no top out pay, and compensation is reviewed at least annually based on performance after the first year. The successful candidate will be a part of a one or two-person team, that works a 12-hour rotating schedule. You work in a 24/7 environment that includes rotating crew schedules and overtime. As part of the Guardian team, you would enjoy a robust benefits package that includes three weeks of vacation, paid parental leave, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, holiday pay, and a 7% 401k match, and a work culture dedicated to helping empower employees and help you grow.
Who is Guardian Industries? When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more, visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Read and manage production schedules
- Engage with maintenance and engineering as needed to continuously improve productivity of the equipment.
- Be responsible for day-to-day running of the cutting table, taking larger sheets of glass and cutting them down into smaller pieces, and sending them to the appropriate process (Coater, Mirror Line or Tempering Line).
- Actively engage in identifying safety gaps and helping close them. This includes adhering to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Keeping the work area clean and free of debris and other hazards.
- Ensuring the equipment and process are serviced and safely operated, escalating issues and unsafe work conditions immediately.
- Report issues and communicate operational needs in a timely manner to supervisor
- Participate in safety and risk management discussions and meeting
- Advance our company’s Market Based Management culture, by demonstrating behavior consistent with the Guiding Principles.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Mechanical experience
- Experience reading and managing schedules
- Experience interpreting data and adjust accordingly
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf