Manager, Sales Development Group
Molex Guadalajara is seeking a Manager of Sales Development that will be responsible for managing a team of inside sales and support professionals and generating virtual and digital selling activities, maintaining customer relationships, developing new business opportunities, building a strong relationship with distribution channel partners, and increase market share and profitability.
In this role, the Sales Development Manager will be responsible for supporting and building a relationship with customers and strategic partners within a defined territory and managing the performance of individual contributors and the overall team – growing and developing talent within the organization. Additional responsibilities will be to manage the day-to-day metrics and coaching for activities that utilize internal sales tools, digital online tools, and keeping up to date on required training needs for yourself and team. The Manager of Sales Development will be local to Guadalajara, Mexico, and report into the Director of Sales Development within the Americas Region.
- Manage and coach team of company employees with defined scope, including directing daily work activities, setting priorities, people recruitment and development.
- Advise management and peers on matters of importance to area of responsibility. Identify, propose, and influence new directions of business.
- Establish and manage relationships with subject matter experts, Molex sales professionals, and external customers – with the objective of maintaining and building the business.
- Develop strong relationship with product business units and product managers to help strengthen your team’s product knowledge.
- Proactively prospect and support team by identifying new customers or investigate further business opportunities within existing ones.
- Ability to pull metrics from tools and build an effective and informative report and plan for coaching. Ability to identify trends.
- Stay up-to-date on current selling activities, trends, and tools. – virtual selling, social media, digital tools, etc.
- Work close with Marketing to establish digital marketing activities that support your team and Molex business. Ability to understand and read digital behavior and trends.
- Creates an environment that is conducive to individual growth, open communication, high performance with challenges and rewards. Achieves diversity and other company goals.
- Insure the proper maintenance of all records and online tools.
- Remain current on new Molex products, market trends, new releases and end of life products.
- Be adaptable to a fast paced and changing environment.
- Drive a culture that is consistent with the organization’s Guiding Principles.
- 5+ years’ experience in Sales and/or Marketing
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience in SAP
What will put you ahead:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Salesforce.com or similar CRM platform
- Fluent in English and Spanish languages
- Experience in manufacturing, engineering, and/or product management
Skills and Abilities:
- Forward thinking and ideation (new sales strategies, digital transformation, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint)
- Effective interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization, strong written and verbal communications skills both in-person and virtual.
- Excellent attention to process and details
- Workforce management and development
- Growing skills in Leadership and Influencing others
- Prior customer service experience at any level. Experience with escalation management.
- Business analysis and planning, general Financial Management, Cost Management and general project management experience
- In-depth understanding of technology, general understanding of related technologies and knowledge of industry and market trends