Molex leverages its optical experience to produce some of the highest performing, field-proven optical components in the market. We apply our expertise along with our strong mechanical design capabilities to offer a range of products that deliver 100-Mbps to 400-Gbps data rates and are compliant with Ethernet, SONET/SDH, Fibre Channel and CPRI standards. Additionally, we design our products to address many market segments, such as data center, access, metro and long-haul applications. All of our products are produced with Molex’s high-quality standards, delivering superior optical, electrical and EMI performance for network robustness. Furthermore, Molex is a one-stop shop for end-to-end optical solutions and, along with optics, provides cages, connectors and cable assemblies.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer that will contribute to design of next generation transceivers and custom products based on customer specifications. This person will be part of our Datacom Specialty Solutions business. This group in Carlsbad specifically designs Transceiver modules, Opto-Electronic products, Test and Automation solutions for next generation Datacom networks.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate from requirements definition and concept develop through to releasing detailed drawings in Siemens CAD and PLM system
- Make appropriate changes in PLM system and create new part numbers as needed
- Ensure that Bill of Materials are properly loaded into the system
- Work closely with Product Design, Process, and Quality Engineers on new product introductions
- Hands-on support for occasional or as needed FAI
- Work with design center engineers to change or modify existing products or on special projects as needed
- Understand, support, and contribute to Molex TQM and Quality and Environmental Management Systems by following approved policies and procedures
- Performs tolerance stack-up analysis
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Experience with drafting and design in CAD
- Experience with PLM system
- Professional experience with Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with SAP
- Siemens NX
- FEA Analysis
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf