Procurement Forester-Panhandle of FL
Georgia-Pacific’s Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS) organization ensures that the company's mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips to sustain its tissue, packaging, paper and building products manufacturing operations. W&FS operates in some 15 U.S. states, and sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional or individual landowners.
We are seeking a Procurement Forester to support the Foley Cellulose, Cedar Springs Paper Mill, and Hosford OSB. The position will be based in the Tallahassee area and will report to the Wood & Fiber Supply manager at Hosford OSB. This position will be responsible for working with timber harvesters and forest landowners to acquire pine for Hosford OSB with additional responsibilities supporting nearby GP operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Evaluating wood purchasing opportunities using analytical and innovative problem-solving skills
- Implementing sourcing and pricing strategies pertaining to the procurement of wood and fiber for a manufacturing facility
- Working to build mutually beneficial business relationships within operating areas
- Assisting to drive process improvements and presenting innovative solutions to recurring issues
- Ensuring all transactions are properly documented and managed
- Working in conjunction with W&FS team to monitor and manage all levels of raw material acquisition to include: administration, capital-employed, transportation, inventories, quality and wood cost
- Ensuring compliance with all health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Actively representing Wood & Fiber Supply and the facility operations on local and regional initiatives.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Forestry, Procurement, or Supply Chain
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Wood procurement knowledge
- Advanced degree: MBA, MFR, or similar degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf