Enterprise Data Engineering Leader
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is searching for an Engineering Leader to support the new Enterprise Data Lake & Products engineering team. This team is responsible for building enterprise data capabilities that include data acquisition & ingestion, automation of controls to support data management, and the creation of new enterprise data products from both 3rd party and internal data sources from across the organization. This will include partnering with enterprise architecture, product management, data management and multiple BI/Analytics teams.
The Data Engineering Leader is responsible for building and operating GP Enterprise Data Lake & Products. This role is expected to establish data engineering practices & patterns while leading the day-to-day execution & operations of the enterprise data lake. This objective of this new enterprise GP capability is to enable data and analytics product teams across the enterprise to improve value creation and accelerate time-to-market.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create a high-performing data engineering team that operates in an Agile delivery model; establish profiles for both individual data engineering and scrum team skills that align to data strategy delivery scope
- Establish and implement data & lake services engineering patterns and practices that are focused on consistency and re-use across the scrum teams
- Work with product & business owners to create an effective process to balance & prioritize data sourcing, data lake services, and data products to ensure backlogs are well-defined & ready for delivery
- Partner with architecture, security, data delivery teams, data scientists and business stakeholders to establish a strong relationship and trust for prioritizing and delivering data products on time and with a high degree of quality
- Act as a data leader across the GP organization while mentoring & coaching team members to grow the skills and optimize delivery
- Establish a build + run culture within the data lake and product scrum teams that exceeds business expectations (i.e., SLA’s)
- Establish engineering metrics to measure and continuously improve productivity, speed, and quality of delivery
- Ensure engineering teams are setup for success by utilizing common Agile practices for planning, backlog definition, priorities and cross-team dependencies
- Participate in product release and roadmap planning activities
- Manage & optimize infrastructure & services spend by utilizing AWS best practices
- Create and support both batch & real-time data pipelines along with data query capabilities from the data lake by leveraging enterprise standard technologies (e.g., Kafka/Kinesis/SQS, Glue, Spark, Redshift/Spectrum and Athena)
- Establish common integration & automation patterns for 3rd party products that support the operationalized data pipelines (i.e., data catalog, data quality, etc.)
- Partner with other BI/Analytics technology teams to establish consistent approaches and expectations for things like data ingest, access, store, test, experimentation, etc.
- Partner with Data Products team to establish enterprise data products into clean, accessible sets in alignment with enterprise taxonomy standards
- Partner with the enterprise data governance and federated data management teams to establish a plan and priorities for integration with tools & enablement of new capabilities required to support data governance & management. These tools and capabilities may include metadata capture, data quality, access controls, handling of sensitive data, lineage, etc.
- Provide transparency to the disposition of data in the enterprise data lake through real-time monitoring of data pipelines, data profiling, quality checks, etc. so that when issues occur appropriate action can be taken at the point of consumption and resolution can be accelerated
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of management experience in leading data engineering teams
- Three (3) or more years of experience managing data engineering teams with a hybrid on-shore/off-shore delivery model
- Five (5) or more years of industry experience in hiring & creating highly performant data engineering teams with the scope of building a cross-organizational shared data platform (data lake)
- Experience delivering foundational data platform capabilities for a large corporate environment using emerging technologies & architectures including AWS services such as SQS, Kinesis, S3, EMR, Spark, Athena, Redshift, Sagemaker, IOT Core etc.
- Experience implementing methods, tools and techniques to support Data Architecture, Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Security, Data Governance & Data Lineage concepts
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in Agile environments supporting multiple product owners with competing priorities
- Experience developing relationships and working across multiple areas of a large matrixed business (i.e., IT delivery, enterprise architecture, business teams, etc.) translating high-level business objectives into valuable & executable actions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Product management experience in Data Management areas (e.g. Data Governance/Data Quality/Data Integration, ETL, Big Data, Streaming Data)
- Experience as a Product Manager, Technical Lead, Enterprise Architect, Solutions Architect, and has handled multiple data from varied sources (raw, transactional, real-time, streaming, etc.)
- Experience working in Enterprise data projects (ingestion, pipeline, integration, etc.)
- Experience working with a variety of database technologies (e.g. relational, non-relational, timeseries, multi-dimensional, NoSQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience in working with both commercial and manufacturing operations data sources
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.