Printing Press Operator
Printing Press Operator
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Digital Web Press Operator for an emerging opportunity within our Corrugated Packaging business unit. The successful candidate will operate our state-of-the-art roll to roll inkjet web press, which is the first of its kind in the United States. The position will be based at our West Chester, Ohio facility and will report to the Production Supervisor for this business segment.
Now hiring 2nd& 3rdshifts.Must be able to work extended shifts, flexible shifts and weekends.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring that each job printed on the inkjet web press is properly set up and prepped to produce the product to the established specifications
- Having constant computer (PC) interaction to operate the press, record quality metrics, and email communications as needed
- Performing computer/machine adjustments accurately, efficiently and according to procedures, minimizing unexpected downtime and maintenance calls
- Performing routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting any problems
- Monitoring the printing process to maintain quality and inspecting the final product for quality; noticing any subtle differences in color, to include shades of color and brightness
- Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean work environment
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience operating printing presses
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery and quality issues
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Understanding of prepress functions
- Knowledge of Digital Printing
- Experience operating Digital Printing Presses
- Knowledge and/or experience in corrugated packaging, folding carton, printing, or Point of Purchase (POP) display industries
- Knowledge of reliability and Preventative Maintenance (PM) systems
- Knowledge of print production processes and color theory
- Macintosh and/or PC computer skills
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf