Pricing Analyst (Packaging)
We are seeking a Pricing Analyst to conduct cost estimating for our Display Business. This role will be based in Cincinnati, OH at our Hummingbird™ offices. Georgia-Pacific LLC is a global leader in the Packaging Business. We manufacture standard corrugated containers as well as many specialty-packaging products, for many industries.
With speed and agility, Hummingbird™ digital print solutions for packaging delivers magnificent graphics and a print-on-demand capability, with no need for lithographic labels or flexographic plates. With the flexibility of printing what you want, when you want it, Hummingbird enables you to expand and enhance your brand experiences while reducing obsolescence, optimizing your supply chain, and getting products to market faster.
Safety. Sustainability. Customer Focus. Innovation. Quality. Value Creation. These are the strands in our DNA that set us apart. When you take a closer look, you’ll discover that they are evident in everything we do.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage the use of Quote Request forms through the quoting process. Assist in ensuring that the sales team completes those forms, captures quote metrics and captures quote summaries
- Gather required costing input from sales, end customer, production, or other resources. Make process and product assumptions on inputs that are not provided or available to complete estimation.
- Obtain input from customer communications, sales, and utilize Georgia-Pacific pricing guidelines to strategically quote customer Request for Quotes and multi-component opportunities, for both new and existing customer programs to maximize Georgia-Pacific’s total profit margin.
- Enter information in core system to generate costing estimates to validate profitability based on pricing.
- Identify a proposed production process of how product will be transformed from corrugated board to shipped product. Identify the equipment, processes and resources needed based on product specifications and order/release quantities.
- Work with approved vendors to obtain outside quotes for outside purchased materials (e.g. custom labels, tooling, miscellaneous items, freight, assembly costs, etc.) as required to complete costing.
- Follow Georgia-Pacific’s established processes to complete all required steps for the costing and pricing process. If a process is not in place, work with users to develop, document, approve and implement new processes. Review existing processes for opportunities to improve.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of production machines, including how they are set-up and run for optimum efficiency.
- Contributes to the team effort by leading projects and accomplishing tasks related to the results needed.
- Use economic thinking skills to problem solve and make intelligent/educated assumptions when information is not provided or available.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 1 year of year of any combination of experience in: costing, pricing, customer service, design, or sales
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes Excel (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation) Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% including overnight stays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience in the Corrugated Packaging industry
- Corrugated Box and/or Display management experience
- Experience in Graphic Packaging
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of corrugated converting machines, including how they are set-up and ran for optimal efficiency
- Project management experience: i.e. Amtech, ESCO, BVP, HRMS (Harry Rhodes), Kiwi software (or similar)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf