Accountant / Senior Accountant
KBX is seeking Accounting Talent to join our growing team! Our offices are located at the Koch Industries Corporate Campus in Wichita, KS. If you are an advancing Accountant ready for your next challenge or a Senior Accountant looking to make a move – we want to hear from you!
This position will engage with business leaders on a daily basis to determine and measure meaningful business metrics, with an emphasis on innovation and creativity. In our Accounting role, you will also have primary ownership of the income statement and balance sheet and will be responsible for understanding and analysis of the underlying transactions.
We are always interested in talented individuals, who want to create long term value, who are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and who seek to find fulfillment in what they do. Candidates should possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, and the ability to solve problems and help implement those solutions. Candidates should also be proactive, internally motivated, and willing to drive change in a fast-paced organization while maintaining integrity and compliance.
KBX Holdings is a KII subsidiary that provides logistics operations, transportation asset management (rail cars, barges, chassis, trailers, etc.), freight procurement, IT procurement, HR Services procurement, Corporate Services, and MRO procurement. Check us out!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with business leaders to build efficient and sustainable accounting processes to support business growth
- Prepare and present accurate and timely financial reporting metrics to key business leaders
- Complete accounting activities associated with full Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow
- Analyze drivers of profitability by business segments
- Perform month-end closing activities
- Seek and share knowledge, identify opportunities for improvements, challenge the status quo, develop recommendations, drive transformation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Previous experience in an Accounting or Finance focused role that required a working knowledge of Accounting processes and Internal Financial Controls
- Solid understanding of Accounting General Ledger and Month End Close, Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flows
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master's Degree, MBA, MAcc or CPA license
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in Accounting and Analysis roles is preferred for our Senior level hires
- Corporate Accounting or Financial Reporting experience; that includes intercompany transactions, allocations, consolidations and knowledge of US GAAP and tax implications is preferred
- FSM Cloudsuite Financials
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, or Alteryx) is a plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf