Skills Developer – Clatskanie, OR
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is searching for a Skills Developer for the Wauna Mill in Clatskanie, OR. This position has responsibility for assessing, evaluating, developing, and implementing skill development processes within the Maintenance Department. This position will require a motivated, organized and detailed oriented individual knowledgeable of industrial equipment, processes, and procedures.
The Wauna Mill is the proud producer of household products such as Brawny®, Angel Soft®, Sparkle®, and Quilted Northern®. The mill is located in a picturesque and uncrowded setting and is surrounded by the Clatsop Forest. Its central location provides numerous opportunities for both outdoor recreation and city living. Portland, Oregon is only an hour’s drive away with access to fine food, entertainment centers and many other major urban centers. The Pacific Ocean can be reached in under thirty minutes. Many outdoor activities are available near the mill including fishing, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and boating. And for the adventurer, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Hood and Mt. Ranier provides climbing opportunities and are home to several world class ski resorts.
Georgia-Pacific employees have the opportunity to influence the long-term success of the plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management. This is a role with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supporting the vision of creating an environment where no one can ever get hurt
- Applying and driving Market-Based Management® principles throughout the organization
- Creating processes that allow employees to seek and use the best knowledge
- Assessing and evaluating current capabilities within the maintenance organization
- Working with Team Coaches to develop and execute individualized training plans
- Developing and implementing skill development and job certification processes to increase the capabilities of the workforce
- Tracking outcomes of skill building on performance through various methods
- Collaborating with leadership in delivery of skill development and coaching
- Ensuring employees serving as skill builders, are competent and knowledgeable about topics and content
- Ensuring documents created by skill builders are well written, accurate, and consistent with the Mill standards
- Ensuring skill enhancement resources are available to employees
- Administrating the Convergence and Sharepoint sites for the Maintenance Department
- Collaborating with other areas to create and implement consistent skill development processes
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) years or more of manufacturing experience within an industrial or military environment, or management experience
- Experience with training technologies i.e. LMS, video based training, Convergence
- Experience with mechanical and electrical maintenance practices and principles
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Training and Development
- One (1) or more years of leadership experience within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf