Reliability Coordinator – Wauna, OR
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for a Reliability Coordinator to support the Wauna Mill in Clatskanie, Oregon. This role will work closely with operations and maintenance teams to sustain and improve equipment reliability to advance our competitive position.
The Wauna Mill is the proud producer of household products such as Brawny®, Angel Soft®, Sparkle®, and Quilted Northern®. The mill is located in a picturesque and uncrowded setting and is surrounded by the Clatsop Forest. Its central location provides numerous opportunities for both outdoor recreation and city living. Portland, Oregon is only an hour’s drive away with access to fine food, entertainment centers and many other major urban centers. The Pacific Ocean can be reached in under thirty minutes. Many outdoor activities are available near the mill including fishing, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and boating. And for the adventurer, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Hood and Mt. Ranier provides climbing opportunities and are home to several world class ski resorts.
This position is an opportunity to be part of a stable, rapidly expanding organization that offers a tremendous amount of growth potential within the Wauna facility and other Koch Industry companies throughout the United States.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Understanding safe work practices and leading safety by example
- Efficiently coordinating maintenance work (mechanical, electrical, and instrument) by anticipating, prioritizing, & scheduling work.
- Lead structured Planning and Scheduling meetings on a weekly basis per established cadence
- Creating a partnership with others that fosters a culture that values reliability
- Leveraging precision maintenance techniques through your expectation of how work is completed
- Championing timely identification and development of maintenance outage work
- Improving reliability of assets with disciplined execution of maintenance work processes ensuring on-time execution of preventative and predictive maintenance work
- Troubleshooting equipment and participating in root cause failure analysis to identify and resolve equipment failures
- Demonstrating a proper sense of urgency and discipline to balance break-in and scheduled work, provide a weekly forecast of work to schedule
- Utilizing economic and critical thinking and risk-taking mentality to ensure maintenance spend creates long term value for the product system and mill
- Own, control, and forecast maintenance spending to meet maintenance cost budget expectations
- Encouraging mechanics and operators to demonstrate personal ownership and fostering the personal growth of their capabilities
- Reviewing EH&S Work Orders and requests with Planning and Scheduling team weekly
- Collaborating with Planners and Area Leaders to prioritize work
- Assisting in manpower optimization and sharing with other Reliability Coordinators
- Maintaining the Planning Board metrics and providing explanations for metric performance on a weekly and monthly basis
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) years or more of experience in a manufacturing environment
- One (1) year or more of experience in a maintenance technical or planning role
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Technical experience with pulping and paper equipment, boilers, and wood handling systems
- Experience working with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf