Manufacturing Test Engineer
Sentient Energy in Santa Clara, CA is looking for a Manufacturing Test Engineer that is interested in joining an extremely passionate and talented team to take on the challenge of making the power grid safer, more reliable and more efficient. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and dynamic individual who demands the highest level of product quality. He/she has a track record of being execution oriented, and willing to take on any challenges necessary to get the job done.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to experience a variety of roles in a fast-paced environment. The position includes circuit design, fixture design and serving as the hardware interface to our contract manufacturers for the Manufacturing Test Team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work closely with Hardware Engineering to create test plans and fixtures for new products, as well as address test issues/gaps in existing products.
- Develop strategies to improve test throughput, robustness and to lower the cost/time needed to develop fixtures and processes for new product releases.
- Maintain test networks and test databases used in production by Contract Manufacturing.
- Design, implement, and enhance test frameworks/cases written in, Python and scripting languages for automated testing.
- Install and maintain production test fixtures for our line sensor products, computer boards, sensor components and power supplies for use at our component vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Provide ongoing manufacturing test support, product debug, resolution of technical issues, and documentation.
- Create documentation and procedures for manufacturing test processes
- Travel 25% domestic and internationally
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS in Electrical or Electronic Engineering OR Equivalent Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ Year programming in Python, C++ or C# and shell scripting experience
- Bench test/lab experience - Oscilloscopes, power supplies, Function Generators, programmers, debug tools, etc.
- Fundamental hardware test techniques and troubleshooting of PCBA’s in manufacturing
- Experience in Windows and/or Linux OS environments along with their supported utilities
- Electronic circuit knowledge: digital and analog
- Understand manufacturing documentation PLM, Drawings, and schematics
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ Years Python programming
- Knowledge of design and development of PCB schematics and layout
- Direct experience in Manufacturing environment
- Experience with AutoCad, OrCad
- Experience in data analysis and Gage R&R
- Past projects dealing with building/testing electronics in a manufacturing environment
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf