Finance Business Partner
This position will engage, challenge and provide fulfillment to a candidate with strong critical thinking skills, economic focus, and the ability to build relationships with key partners. In this role, you will provide financial analysis and develop a point of view within our risk profile, to support, influence and drive process improvements that bring value to the business.
The Finance Business Partner will proactively lead and advise while demonstrating a high level of transparency and accountability. In this role, you will embrace our respectful challenge culture, and will directly assist our operation managers with the DMF (Decision Making Framework) process. The plant P&L and product costing will also be responsibilities of this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create financial analysis that is valued by the Guad 2 operations group, provide new insights, and drive profitable growth
- Develop deep and lasting relationships with key plant leaders and decision makers
- Engage with leadership regarding the economic and strategic implications of key decisions and provide the economic analysis
- Knowledge share between other plants for best practices
- Analyze plant finance operations through cost variances and plant metrics
- Develop connection between front end business team and FP&A team to help drive value
- Own the plant P&L and be able to communicate results
- Maintain and strongly understand plant costing, share knowledge to operations and other areas within the business unit
- Help to ensure an effective financial control system is in place
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or relevant field
- At least 3-5 years of experience: (i.e. applied financial analysis experience, economic modeling experience, and/or accounting experience with focus on financial statement analysis)
- Solid understanding of Cost Accounting/Product Costing principles
- Previous experience gathering data, performing analysis, originating ideas, and applying a decision-making framework for presentation to key stakeholders.
- Able to travel domestic/international as needed, including overnight stays (up to 10% of the time)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Manufacturing industry experience; and/or Global company experience
- Experience with providing economic analysis for decision making processes
- SAP, Infor or other large ERP, integrated system experience
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, VBA, Hyperion, SQL etc.)
- Experience with one of more of the following (benchmarking, KPI tracking, variance analysis,
- capital projects, forecasting, planning, NPV, IRR, ROI, marginal analysis, and other valuation metrics.
- Process Improvement / Process Transformation / Process Implementation experience