Senior Data Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
OnPoint Digital Solutions is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our team! As a Senior Data Engineer on our Data Science and Analytics team, you’ll play an integral role in building data infrastructure and data solutions that empower OnPoint’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) Infrastructure capability. We help our customers make data-informed decisions utilizing AI like machine learning and predictive analytics in a scalable manner. You’ll be challenged to leverage cutting edge technologies to solve complex problems in real-time data environments.
This position offers a unique hands-on opportunity to apply the latest database and big data technologies in the rapidly developing industrial AI sector. You will be handling and dealing with real industrial data and helping solve some of the long-standing industry challenges as we face an exponential growth in digitalization and AI. The innovation and creativity with which we develop and implement digital solutions are among the distinctions that make OnPoint the leader in Industrial AI solutions.
We are seeking an individual that is highly capable on data solution and passionate about customer satisfaction and has a demonstrated ability to achieve extraordinary results as part of a high energy and dynamic team. This individual will build trust and credibility with customers by consistently demonstrating superior follow through using excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with data architect and data engineering team on design and build data platform to empower data science and analytics solution development and deployment
- Lead the data engineering team on data pipeline and help with architecture design of the data platform
- Improve data connection from and to other OnPoint applications to the data platform
- Improve data pipeline reliability and scalability
- Wrangle large and complex datasets to profile the data, identify patterns, and enable advanced analytics
- Create and manage batch and streaming data pipelines
- Collaborate with teams to identify opportunities to design and implement data informed solutions
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years experience working with SQL and database programming in a commercial environment
- 5+ years experience working with AWS in a commercial environment
- 5+ years experience in transforming and storing large, distributed datasets (e.g. Hadoop, Redshift, Apache Spark, AWS Athena)
- 5+ years experience in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows and integration with data technologies with cloud platforms like AWS/GCP/Azure
- 5+ years experience in data streaming technologies like Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, and Apache Spark
- 5+ years of experience using a scripting language (Python, R etc.) for data preparation, cleaning, and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field from an accredited institution OR High School Diploma and 4+ cumulative years of relevant work experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Industrial historian like OSIsoft Pi, Aspen 21, or Honeywell PHD etc performing data extraction.
- Previous experience in the large industrial sector
Wellbeing & Benefits
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, AD&D, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
For this position we anticipate paying $90,000 to $160,000 per year.
This job posting is no longer active.