Retirement Operations Supervisor
Koch Global Services (KGS) is currently seeking a Retirement Operations Supervisor to join our retirement operations team. This is an exciting time for our team as we undergo transformation. We are looking for an innovative person who can contribute new ideas and help foster continuous improvement. If you are ready to lead transformation and projects and work on M&A activities, this position will use your knowledge and skills as a retirement subject matter expert to successfully complete high profile projects.
This position will be a part of a collaborative and entrepreneurial team that manages the administration of Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution and Non-Qualified plans. The ideal candidate for this role will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment while still maintaining strong customer focus and attention to detail. The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent project management and analytical skills related to retirement plan administration. As part of this role, this person will gain valuable experience and become an important resource in a company that provides many avenues for career growth!
- The Retirement Operations Supervisor role provides guidance and coordination across the team in the administration and management of U.S. and Canadian Defined Contribution and Defined Benefits plans. The role also supports projects such as implementing changes to those plans and vendors as well as support for organizational restructures, acquisitions/divestitures activities, and other strategic business initiatives that impact retirement administration.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage team of retirement analysts responsible for retirement plans administration through outsourced providers.
- Provide strong leadership with excellent interpersonal, team building, communication and influencing skills to drive positive outcomes and business value.
- Oversight of ongoing delivery and liaison between internal customers and external vendors.
- Plan, lead and track operational tasks and project work to ensure scope, timelines and resources are managed.
- Participate in cross functional projects (benefits, finance, legal, payroll)
- Manage retirement-related tasks associated with acquisitions/divestitures to include due diligence of acquired retirement plans, cost analysis, and transition requirements (e.g., vendor changes, communications, onboarding)
- Compliance – assist with annual plan audit work including testing and vendor management; respond to audit inquiries; comply with internal policies, procedures, and requirements
- Plan Knowledge – interpret and communicate the terms of the plans effectively to leadership, vendors, and HR partners
- Collaboration – partner with strategic and operational team members and vendors on benefit plan design, technical review, and implementation of changes with vendors
- Consulting – provide value added consulting to business and HR leaders concerning retirement plan changes and ongoing administration including best practices, marketplace providers, cost and return on investment issues, pros, and cons of solutions, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 5-7 years of retirement operations experience
- Working knowledge of ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations
- Experience with identifying opportunities to streamline and improve existing practices
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of experience in retirement plans administration
What Will Put You Ahead
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and customer service skills with internal customers, employees, and vendors
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a lean, high volume, deadline oriented environment.
- Flexibility and ability to reprioritize deliverables as needed
- Proven ability to think critically and act proactively to find creative solutions and to challenge the status quo to drive changes in current processes and practices
- Strong technical and analytical skills along with high financial acumen
- Previous experience managing retirement administration through third-party vendors
- Working with a multi-level, complex global organization with multiple customers and benefits plan designs
- Prior HRIS experience (GHR, SAP, and/or Dayforce etc.)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role does not offer visa sponsorship.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf