This advisory role is based in the Koch Companies Services EMEA tax department and reports to the Senior Tax Manager. The Tax Manager/Senior Tax Manager will be a member of a close-knit team of eleven people who handle direct tax for Koch’s entities across the region which include Molex, Guardian Industries, Invista, and Koch Supply & Trading.
Can be flexible on location of this position.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage and deliver on identified projects
- Understand what is driving book income and taxable income
- Develop point of view on how tax legislation is affecting key tax positions, and identify action items
- Research of complex tax issues
- Identify opportunities to optimize the tax position
- Support business groups in cash repatriation and global restructuring projects
- Support business groups in their M&A activity including due diligence and implementation of structuring
- Understand and drive TP change in lieu of business restructuring projects
- Centre of Excellence for regional tax policy and BEPS-inspired measures
- Monitor and engage in discussions on the changing tax landscape; feed business groups with relevant information
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified, or equivalent
- Some post qualification experience including experience in international tax
- Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate complex issues and solutions to people across all levels of the organization.
- Proactive and the ability to self-motivate, with minimal supervision from management
- Understanding of financial reporting and GAAP principles.
- Good aptitude for project management.
- Ability to work within deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills – ability to identify potential issues and propose solutions.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience of working in either a big 4 tax team or in a large in-house tax team
- Experience of working for a US-headed multinational group
- ADIT or similar qualification
- Other languages in addition to English