At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. Start your career as a Production Associate at our Augusta, GA facility.
Georgia-Pacific’s facility in Augusta, GA one of the industry’s most sophisticated and modern corrugators and has an impressive array of modern finishing equipment, including flexos and die cutters to provide the widest range of corrugated packaging today. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com.
This position will likely be assigned to work 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) or 3rd shift (11pm-7am)
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Participating in team goals and managing job assignments
· Preparing final products for shipping and distribution
· Performing basic preventive maintenance on machines and equipment
· Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean team work environment
· Supporting our safe working environment by adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures, including wearing appropriate Preventative Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Working at least eight (8) hours per day in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy industrial environment while performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling
· Work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
· High school diploma or GE
What Will Put You Ahead
· Associate Degree, Technical Certification or higher
· Three (3) or more years of experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
· Experience working in the corrugated industry
· Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Experience operating mobile equipment such as a fork lift or clamp truck.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf