Georgia-Pacific has an opening for Shift Supervisors at our facility in Tolleson, AZ, just outside Phoenix. The Supervisor will utilize leadership, operations experience and communication abilities to identify and convert change improvement opportunities related to people, process, and systems. The ideal candidate will have great communication and leadership skills, strong mindset for process improvement, be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
Supervisors at Georgia-Pacific have the opportunity to influence the long-term success of the plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management.
This is a role with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Running an efficient shift to deliver product to customer, to include:
- Working with inventory and purchasing to determine when orders need to be created
- Working with Customer Service and outside vendors to meet the needs of the customer
- Processing in-house paperwork to ensure smooth transfer of product and information to the appropriate internal parties
- Proactively communicating business objectives and results daily
- Coaching, mentoring, developing and training employees in:
- Safety - Ensure all employees always follow best practices to work safely and never compromise safety for the sake of productivity
- Compliance – Help employees understand compliance aspects of their role and how to ensure they always act with integrity
- Quality – Ensure the team understands our quality standards and meet them on a continuous basis
- Business results – Keep the team focused on our goals and give them the tools they need to meet them
- Planning and Directing work for 10-15 hourly production employees including:
- Participating in the full employee life-cycle including interviewing, selection, coaching
- Evaluating performance in formal performance reviews and informal coaching conversations
- Resolving employee issues effectively and quickly
- Recognize employee contribution in an appropriate manner
- Executing cross-training plans to develop a highly skilled team
- Manage schedules, ensuring consistent staffing across a 24x7 operation
- Exemplify and advance Market Based Management (MBM®)
- Work a modified rotating shift and holidays and weekends as needed to meet business needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of (1) one year of experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience managing print & converting or packaging production operations
- Experience working with scheduling software and inventory control
- Experience with continuous improvement or lean manufacturing
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf