Sr. Engineer, Hardware-Mechanical
-Opto-mechanical design, integration, and module packaging.
-Develop optical devices and modules to pass all mechanical tests and requirements for optical data networks and telecommunication industries.
-Work with engineering team consisting of mechanical, hardware, software and optical engineers to optimize design and meet or exceed customer requirements.
-Ensure successful transition from engineering to manufacturing and volume production.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Mechanical design of new leading edge opto-electro-mechanical components and modules used in the optical networking industry and modify existing designs to meet new requirements.
- Lead and manage the entire product design life cycle - including requirements gathering, concept generation, detailed design with analysis, verification testing, cross-functional reviews, manufacturing release, training and development for production, and process improvements.
- May also develop or contribute to test fixtures or tooling for NPI development or production
- Design, analyze, and verify mechanical performance to meet thermal, power dissipation, vibration, shock, environmental, mechanical stress, size, compliance, reliability, and other specifications for optical components and electro-mechanical products used in the optical network industry.
- Ensures design meets other requirements, such as design for manufacturing, yield, test, cost, tolerance, etc.
- Generates, reviews, or manages the generation of part and assembly drawings, reports, and BOMs
- Works with vendors and suppliers to verify or resolve various issues or tasks, such as procurement, processes, yield, fabrication, delivery, or quality improvement
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering, preferably in mechanical engineering or related field, and 5+ years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of material properties and applications.
- Highly proficient with mechanical software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience with opto-mechanical system design, precision alignment and machine design principles, methods of mounting optical and electro-optical components (laser, lens, photo diodes), optical alignment and assembly fixture design.
- Understanding of design for manufacturing processes, design of experiments, and characterization
- Strong communication, goal-setting, interpersonal and project management skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope and stay on schedule
- Ability to work both independently and with diverse teams
- Ability to apply scientific problem-solving techniques
- Proficiency with FEA for stress and thermal analysis, ideally using Ansys Mechanical and Icepak a plus
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) to communicate with co-workers in United States