Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Scaler at our Warrenton Lumber facility, located in Warrenton, Georgia. This position will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Wood Scaling process. This person will use multiple computer systems to track incoming and outgoing product to ensure that production is maximized, and our product gets to market quickly. If you enjoy learning new things and would like the opportunity to work with computers and systems in a manufacturing environment, this is the position for you! The Wood & Fiber Supply organization is key to ensuring that GP's 80+ mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber, and chips.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Receive inbound and outbound trucks utilizing a computerized system to record the supplier identification data, quality data, and the truck weights
- Inspect incoming loads to ensure quality wood specifications and recording the data for each load received at the mill
- Provide support for on-going safety and housekeeping processes
- Work with logging contractors and foresters to assist in correcting wood and fiber quality issues
- Maintain wood and fiber inventory level information
- Report daily usages and inventories to accounting, wood and fiber supply, and mill personnel
- Create and provide reports relative to wood and fiber inventories, deliveries, and wood quality
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Experience using a computer, to include typing, sending email, and using a mouse
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work indoors and outdoors in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work variable start and end times
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience tracking inventory levels
- Experience with wood quality control
- Experience creating reports
- Experience using a scale to weigh trucks
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf