GP Cellulose is seeking a Laboratory Analyst for our Technical Services & Quality Support Lab in Brunswick, GA. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for conducting product testing and analyses on disposable absorbent products (baby diapers, etc.) and fluff pulps. You will develop detailed reports in support of the Company’s Technical Service program. A portion of your work will directly support the Quality Assurance team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
This individual works consultatively with Technical Service Managers on the development of technical data and market information for customers and sales teams. As a result, you will become an expert in the areas of disposable absorbent product design, fluff pulps and super-absorbent materials.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working co-operatively in a team environment, communicating constructively and openly with co-workers and managers
- Performing various physical and chemical analyses on fluff pulps and absorbent materials
- Accurately collect, record and report test data thereby ensuring the integrity of the work product
- Preparing written reports summarizing results of testing and highlighting key product performance characteristics
- Maintaining a clean and orderly workplace
- Working independently with minimal direct supervision
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or Biology
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Two (2) or more years of experience with lab test procedures
- Experience with MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with cellulosic and absorbent materials
- Experience with preparing and writing technical reports
- Experience with protocol development, test and product validation
Georgia -Pacific Brunswick Cellulose mill manufactures softwood fluff pulps. Our products are used primarily in absorbent products such as diapers and hygiene products. To learn more about our Cellulose Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Cellulose
Brunswick, GA in Glynn County, which is in southeast Georgia, about halfway between Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, FL, and a short drive off Interstate 95. Hunting, fishing, golfing and visiting historical landmarks are among the hobbies residents enjoy. To learn more about Brunswick, check out this link: www.brunswickgoldenisleschamber.com
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf