This job posting is no longer active.
Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone. Are you ready to get started? If so, KBX Logistics is looking for Transportation Specialists in Green Bay, WI. Our business has more than doubled in size over the past 5 years and we’re just getting started!
We have a number of openings due to our business growth. We are looking for candidates with a variety of experience levels; from entry-level to experienced planners.
Who is KBX Logistics? KBX Logistics is the true transformer of the 3rd party logistics (3PL) industry. Waste is our enemy; status quo is our nemesis. Our mission? Create a competitive advantage for our partners by delivering logistics technology and solutions that others can’t or simply won’t. If disrupting an industry appeals to you, this company is where you belong. KBX Logistics is the product of over 100 years of evolution and revolution. We got our start as a small transportation team in 1919 and are currently one of the largest 3PLs in the US. With Koch Industries as our parent company, the challenge is to always be thinking bigger and better.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage transportation process for specific plants/mills and primary distribution centers
- Build and sustain positive relationships with internal and external customers, teammates, and carriers
- Utilize available system tools to manage cost, service, and capacity through optimization processes
- Understand market trends to assist in negotiation of spot quote process
- Manage carrier trailer pools and proactively identify gaps to prevent loading issues
- Analyze data to identify trends and determine solutions for improved service and/or cost
- Collaborate with teammates and carriers to identify service improvement opportunities
- Apply decision making and problem-solving skills to resolve unplanned events with carrier, such as on time delivery delays and accessorial charges
- Understand and facilitate compliance with all state and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Increase efficiencies through creativity, experimentation, and ideation
- Handling outbound calls to external customers to schedule delivery appointments
- Partnering with other departments to reset missed appointments
- Handling inbound calls from external customers regarding various delivery questions
- Develop and maintain business relationships across the supply chain with both internal and external customers
- Building and maintaining internal and external customer relationships
- Eliminating waste through process improvements
- Assist in the Overages, Shortages, and Damages (OS&D) process by taking incoming calls and creating files
- Supporting other needs as requested such as authorizing accessorial charges, data entry, proof of delivery (POD) requests
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word to write business correspondence, Excel for use of spreadsheets, reporting and simple formulas, and Outlook for internal and external correspondence
What Will Put You Ahead
- An Associate's degree or higher in Business Administration, Logistics, Economics, Supply Chain or pursuing a bachelor's with an anticipated graduation date within one year
- Previous or current Customer Service experience
- Experience in a Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics or Operations role
- Experience dispatching or planning in the Transportation/Logistics industry
- Experience planning specialized equipment
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.