Electrician A / Senior Electrician
Are you a committed to safety? Do you enjoy being part of a team? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians at our facility in Taylorsville, MS. These roles create value by supporting production efficiency in the mill through preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical and mechanical issues. These positions are a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity, and we are very interested in learning about you!
Taylorsville Plywood Mill is a non-climate-controlled mill, which means you will be subjected to seasonal temperature changes.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in safety program
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial electrical and mechanical machinery for improved reliability and uptime
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to include instrumentation calibration, loop tuning, and DCS safety checks
- Documenting key findings during work execution and actively participating in improving the preventative maintenance program
- Maintaining operations, environmental, and safety equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Working with operations to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Journeyman Electrician, or two (2) years of electrical in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Experience reading technical drawings, schematics, and interpreting OEM manuals
- Experience using VOM and Meggers
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Allen Bradley, or Siemen’s PLC’s
- Experience with VFD’s
- Experience with medium voltage (13.8kv)
- Mechanical Aptitude/Troubleshooting Experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf