Technical Safety Specialist
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership in a range of process safety areas including PHA, QRA, Consequence Analysis, Human Factors, Safety Instrumented Systems and Pressure Relief across the range of technologies offered by IPT.
- In-house technical safety standards; improving methodologies in line with recognized good practice using your knowledge of industry standards and regulatory guidance.
- Providing mentoring, coaching, consultancy and training to team members, enabling wider ownership of the basis of safety, ensuring effective management of change, inspiring and developing a sustainable technical safety capability.
- Anticipating future client requirements due to international safety legislation developments and expectations. Prioritizing and coordinating resulting design developments.
- Delivering and supporting transformation and optimization of IPT work-scope, systems & tools.
- Contributing to license projects by ensuring effective transfer of the safety knowledge needed by our licensees.
- Responding to clients, investigating issues and providing advice.
- Supporting the development of new technologies.
- Building internal (Koch Industries) and external networks, sharing knowledge and best practice across IPT and the wider Koch Industries.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Be motivated to create superior value for IPT by doing so for our customers.
- Be a lifelong learner and maintain their personal knowledge base from any and all sources, keeping up to date with industry and legislative developments in technical safety.
- Be intellectually honest and share knowledge proactively.
- Have demonstrated ability to work within teams, treating others with respect and sensitivity.
- Have excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- Have a good Degree in Chemical Engineering or other engineering disciplines coupled with design experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical or Oil & Gas sectors.
- Have ambition to develop technical and leadership skills in the field of safety and contribute as part of a global business.