Phillips Medisize a Molex Company, is seeking a Controller to be the financial and operational business partner to our medical devices manufacturing facility in Maumelle, Arkansas. This position will act in a leadership capacity to ensure accurate, timely, and relevant accounting and financial reporting. But there’s more… beyond accounting and reporting, this role will play a key role in analysis, planning, costing, and strategic development to grow the business and optimize profit and returns. The successful candidate will be viewed as a strategic business partner with proactive insights about business conditions, operations, and their impact on financials.
This is an exciting, high impact role that will participate at a level that surpasses the general ledger boundaries of “old school” Controller roles. While there is always work to do to get our systems and processes to a world class state, your opportunities to contribute value beyond that, and your career path beyond this role are wide open. We’re looking forward to speaking with entrepreneurial candidates about joining our team at Phillips-Medisize.
Phillips Medisize s a global end to end provider of innovation, development, and manufacturing solutions. We are a Molex company that is a globally recognized provider of electronic solutions in a wide range of industries, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical. Molex is a subsidiary of Koch Industries– the largest privately held company in the United States. Check us out!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger through proper accounting treatment performed both locally and through shared services
- Exercise stewardship over site’s assets (inventory, asset tracking)
- Deliver and analyze key financial information and metrics that will drive improved decision-making and yield increased economic value
- Partner with leadership to analyze alternatives through the lens of return on capital consumed, net present value, internal rate of return and other critical financial/investment metrics
- Understand key business drivers and effectively communicate business results; provide ongoing analysis specific to margin attainment and variances
- Understand the overall division and corporate vision and partner with plant management to drive actions aligned with vision
- Be a key part of the leadership team within the facility by effectively challenging and employing economic thinking concepts
- Effectively communicate finance controls and expectations throughout the facility
- Participate in diverse analysis and project work supporting the organization and various levels including operations, costing, quoting, business development and FP&A
- Be a champion of Market Based Management ® philosophy and application
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related Business field
- Previous experience in a role that required a solid understanding of key costing concepts, operations, OPEX, economics and manufacturing
- Previous analysis experience that includes margin and variance analysis, return on capital consumed, NPV, IRR and related financial/investment metrics
- Previous experience gathering data, performing analysis, originating ideas, and providing economic decision support for presentation to key stakeholders
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365 (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five years or more of experience in a Controller, Operations Accounting, or Plant Controller role
- SAP, Infor, or other large ERP; integrated financial system experience
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, or Alteryx) is a plus
- Manufacturing industry experience and/or Global company experience is plus!
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf