The Accountant role is by nature fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging. To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances, must be accurate and timely in their communications, and must be comfortable in a culture that expects challenge and debate. In addition, this role may involve support of world-wide activities that operate continuously and in multiple time zones. Work outside of normal business hours will be required. The successful candidate in this role will have experience using Microsoft Office products, strong verbal & written communication skills, organizational skills, the ability to communicate issues and solutions and work with individuals at all levels of the business, be a team player, and be proactive with good problem-solving skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage daily accounts receivable and or accounts payable processes
- Process invoices and/or cash applications timely, accurately, and efficiently
- Actively report, monitor, and collect outstanding invoices by building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers
- Perform various reconciliation activities and research associated with reconciling items (e.g. general ledger account reconciliations)
- Provide meaningful analysis to the business to improve business decision making
- Assist in managing the vendor setup process by working closely with customers both internal and external to obtain required information
- Understand and drive upstream and downstream process transformations
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers, both international and domestic
- Share knowledge across the business and adhere to Koch’s Market Based Management philosophy
- Exercise full compliance with Koch standards and constantly work to strengthen the control environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Access/Power Point/ – spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis, formula creation, queries, and presentations)
- Ability to apply fundamental accounting concepts and principles
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including international travel
- Ability to work rotating holidays due to international support
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools for data visualization and data mining/blending such as Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI or other software
- Exposure to settlement, reconciliation, and/or collateral processes
- Knowledge of commodity trading and trading fundamentals
- Corporate Accounting experience
- Ability to read/speak Spanish fluently
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship