Software Deployment Engineer
Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in solar, electric vehicle and other renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
Sentient Energy is recruiting for a full-time Software Deployment Engineer in our Customer Operations organization. The Customer Operations is responsible for designing and implementing solutions for deploying, commissioning, and operating Sentient Energy’s unique line of hardware and software products into utility distribution networks and operations.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with emerging technologies in the rapidly developing and highly visibility Digital Grid space within the utility and industrial energy sector. The innovation and creativity with which we develop and implement utility solutions are among the distinctions that make Sentient Energy the leader in Distribution Network sensing and monitoring.
This role is open to candidates sitting in Frisco, Wichita, Tulsa, Chicago, and Atlanta.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The selected candidate will work in the Delivery organization in conjunction with Sentient Energy’s sales, engineering, product management, production support and data science teams to partner with utilities to develop and support all phases of Sentient Energy’s product planning, deployment, testing, and operations.
- Lead customer facing technical engineering on assigned accounts for project delivery, deployment, commissioning, and operations in support of the project manager
- Manage technical project tasks for device, software deployment, configuration, and commissioning.
- Install, upgrade, design, document, and review enterprise grade software deployments.
- Lead troubleshoots efforts for Sentient software, integrations and related customer network, security, and compute infrastructure issues
- Support field operations including troubleshooting and remediation of technical issues in Sentient software as well as related customer infrastructure issues
- Provide technical analysis, testing and validation to ensure delivery meets contracted scope and project definition
- Support Customer Success Engagement Manager for customer event analysis and advanced analytics assessments with customer
- Support prototype and beta products trials including verification and testing activities as defined by the project scope and plan
- Develop and refine standard solution architecture blueprints and promote standardization and reuse to enhance life cycle speed, cost efficiency and effectiveness of solutions
- Create and refine technical design, schedule, and cost estimates for solutions
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or 6+ years of software deployment experience in lieu of the degree
- 3+ years of experience in deployment of enterprise software, system administration, configuration and commissioning
- Ability to travel up to 50% to customer offices
What Will Put You Ahead
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science as preferred
- 4+ years of experience with the following technologies:
- Linux and Windows Server system administration, systems operation, and scripting
- DNP3 architecture and communications protocol
- Cyber security standards and practices
- Architecting, building, and optimizing VMs (VMWare/ESXi)
- 3+ years of experience preferred in the following fields:
- Electric power utility industry and electric power systems (T&D)
- Utility SCADA or DMS, networking, or interconnection requirements for distribution grid (MV)
- Implementation of solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Network architecture & engineering
- Communication networks - MESH and cellular
- Medium-large scale network deployment planning and implementation
- Basic DB administration (MySQL, MS Windows SQL)
- Technical understanding of overall electric operations systems, including electric power systems, distribution automation, and distributed control systems and communications
- Innovation and creativity of design and implementation
- A passion for alternative energy solutions and the application of advanced technologies for a better future
- Familiarity with IoT, advanced analytics, machine learning
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf