Flint Hills Resources is seeking a Corrosion Technician in Waco, TX
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform maintenance & repair of corrosion control installations related to pipelines, tanks & station facilities
- Responsible for corrosion prevention of FHR assets
- Collect and analyze data related to cathodic protection, internal corrosion, and coatings
- Initiate and manage remediation projects related to corrosion control
- Assist other areas of the company with corrosion maintenance as needed
- Understand and develop relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Must follow safety rules and regulations and promote a positive safety culture
- Strong analytical, documentation, economic thinking, and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with field personnel, contractors, customers, and corporate personnel
- Proficient computer knowledge, including all basic MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be a self-starter and capable of effectively working in a team environment and individually Frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions equipment
- Frequently works in hot, cold, or inclement climate conditions
- Occasionally climbs ladders and stairs to reach equipment
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing rule or “TWIC” and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- NACE certified Cathodic Protection Tester (Level 2)
- Two plus years of pipeline corrosion control experience
- Requires travel of up to 25% of the time with overnight stays
- Ability to wear a respirator and to pass a respirator fit test
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to meet physical requirements of role
- Ability to obtain a TWIC identification badge within a specific time period
What Will Put You Ahead
- NACE certified Cathodic Protection Technician (Level 2)
- 2-year technical degree
- NACE Certified Internal Corrosion Technologist
- NACE Certified Coating Inspector CIP (Level 1)
- Previous Allegro/PCS experience
Want to learn more about Flint Hills Resources?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf