PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT - NIGHT
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisor for our Diboll, TX lumber mill. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with our management philosophy and framework. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for supervising and coordinating production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Reporting to the Production Manager, the incumbent will lead a wood products production plant to work injury-free/incident free in a manufacturing environment consistent with Market Based Management (MBM)® philosophy and framework. Support an approach to optimize the constraining process machine centers. Ensuring the safety of the facility during operation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all departments operate effectively and efficiently;
- Establishing the prioritization of work duties and managing multiple objectives;
- Utilizing Work Process to develop job plans, track work completion and promote preventive & predictive maintenance;
- Facilitating team development and growth, and reviewing/managing performance;
- Building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable;
- Identifying contributions and missed opportunities for employees mill wide (including all departments);
- Communicating with previous shift leadership on daily site activities as well as projects that require further movement on a longer term basis
Contacts/interfaces: Interacts with key operations personnel such as the Plant Manager, Supervisors, Reliability Manager, Human Resources Manager, Safety Manager, Environmental Manager, maintenance personnel and employees at all levels of the site organization.
This position will be used as a catalyst to develop someone into a Primary Department Manager or Department Superintendent. This is a night shift operations position with shift hours of 11pm-8am.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Supervisory or management experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience in leading a shift, dept, or organization in EH&S, Reliability, Production, Cost and Quality Excellence
- Experience in analyzing production data to eliminate waste and foster continuous improvement
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Leading and enforcing safe work practices
- Working experience with MS Word and Excel, and other PC based operations and maintenance programs
- Must have experience in employee performance management and change management
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree or higher
- Ability to multi-task, while quickly prioritizing items with different and competing values and timelines / schedules
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) - SAP, MP2, ActivePlant
- Working knowledge of industry equipment and manufacturers
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf