Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Manager for our lumber mill in Diboll, TX. The Production Manager is responsible for leading and supporting plant operations and maintenance. You will be responsible for all facets of the operational facility; continuously improving operations through manufacturing gaps identification and talent development. It is imperative that you be able to communicate effectively, providing vision and clear expectations throughout the organization. You will be responsible for managing numerous performances & reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve desired results.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Building and maintaining effective relationship with Operations & Maintenance to ensure that all are working towards the same vision and goal.
- Providing direction to team to successfully execute the maintenance, operation & planning process
- Creating a culture that drives ownership and continuous improvement at all operational and maintenance level
- Directing the supervision of all plant operational & maintenance functions
- Developing and collaborating on needed maintenance strategies and procedures for mill development
- Providing support for troubleshooting and resolving daily problems. Analyzing bad actors to identify priorities for the group.
- Creating and executing plans to meet changing needs of the operation
- Developing the technical competency of his/her team
- Inspiring and motivating employees to perform at their best through positive encouragement and other initiatives
- Appling knowledge of innovative technology available, industry trends and development to improve the operation
Position Details: This position will be used as a developmental role in the professional growth path to a Plant Manager role.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Supervisory or management experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience in leading a department or organization in EH&S, Reliability, Production, Cost and Quality Excellence
- Experience in analyzing production data to eliminate waste and foster continuous improvement
- Experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis or other similar problem-solving tools to improve operations
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Leading and enforcing safe work practices
- Working experience with MS Word and Excel, and other PC based operations and maintenance programs
- Must have experience in employee performance management and change management as it relates to furthering our MBM based culture
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
- In-depth knowledge and experience in lumber manufacturing operations
- Experience with MP2
- Experience leading other management-level employees in an organization
- Experience in developing and implementing organizational strategies
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf