KBX Rail is seeking a Financial Analyst to support our growth vision. We are looking for an individual that is knowledgeable on financial statements, with an understanding of financial modeling and diagnostic analytics.
When it comes to domestic transportation, many modes pale in comparison to the effectiveness and efficiency of rail. At KBX, we pride ourselves on our rail division and consider our established network of partners within the rail sector to be exceptionally collaborative, maximized for optimization, and capable of being seamlessly integrated into any customer’s domestic freight needs. As one of the top rail logistics companies, we’re continually seeking innovative ways to collaborate with railcar asset owners, leasing companies, and maintenance services to ensure long-term value for every one of our clients who choose our rail services.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Actively support business processes to ensure new opportunities are aligned with KBX Rail’s vision and development strategy.
- Contribute to market point of view development and target areas for profitable growth. Understand the market we participate in. Gather and distill key information to support decision-making.
- Develop internal benchmarks and metrics for key capabilities.
- Support financial modeling. Challenge key inputs to the decision-making framework process supporting business opportunities.
- Gather data, report, and create projections on business financial health to business leadership. Provide ad hoc information, reporting, and analysis to other departments.
- Report the impact of bets and initiatives to our business health. Understand and translate assumptions to our business’s financial results.
- Support the KBX accounting team with preparation of data for invoicing.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes
- Self-directed and a self-starter
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical, and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, and customer focus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate’s degree
- Working knowledge of financial statements
- Experience in performing diagnostic analytics on large sets of data to solve problems quickly and with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in financial modeling and creating pro-forma statements, including discounted cash flow modeling, IRR, ROI, and marginal analysis
- Experience in creating Powerpoint Presentations and senior leadership reports
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel (the ability to accurately manipulate datasets and do advanced calculations without losing base data integrity)
- Willing and able to travel 10% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in using data to identify actionable opportunities and build strategies to engage multiple capabilities to execute, measure progress, and benchmark results
- Experience supporting commercial or risk management capabilities
- Experience with analytics and visualization tools such as Microsoft PowerBI or Alteryx
- Experience with robotic process automation software
- Experience in Microsoft Access (building queries, linking data into other sources, understanding table join relationships)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf