Flint Hills Resources Pipeline and Terminals is looking for a Construction Manager to cover our Wisconsin Pipeline, Minnesota Pipeline, Wood River Pipeline and Asphalt facilities. In this role you will ensure jobsite safety, environmental stewardship, coordination of contractors, and mechanical integrity of installed equipment. This position works directly on site with contractor crews to review and mitigate risks in the performance of work and is responsible for execution of projects within EH&S, Schedule, Financial, Inspection and Quality goals. Inspection tasks to determine the integrity of welds, tanks, and piping.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the inspection of construction and maintenance projects according to FHR Pipeline’s and Terminal’s Technical Guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for adhering to safety guidelines and standards and for following safety rules and regulations to promote a positive safety culture.
- Responsible for adhering to environmental standards and for environmental awareness.
- Responsible for cost and schedule control of projects in area of responsibility.
- Expected to make responsible decisions in the field for the required work to be accomplished.
- Ensure no leaks, spills, or releases.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in pipeline construction and repair related work
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Data Acquisition Applications
- Willing to reside within a 75-mile radius of the Rosemount, MN refinery
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to travel up to 70-95% of the time including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, carry, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Physical ability to occasionally sit, knee and crouch
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of experience of working on Tanks, repair, and maintenance in accordance with inspection Code (API 650,653)
- Experience with inspecting and applying industrial coatings & linings
- Experience and knowledge of excavation standards and requirements
- Familiarity with pipe fabricating practices and codes associated (API 1104, B31.4,B31.3)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf