Flint Hills Resources is looking for a Lab Technician to work at our ethanol plant in Iowa Falls, IA. In this role, you will perform daily lab activities and determine whether products meet industry and company set standards including performing lab tests, verifying sample properties, and taking necessary corrective action whenever a product is out of spec.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Test, analyze, and communicate all test results
- Perform routine and in-depth equipment maintenance, including calibrations, to ensure equipment reliability
- Train Production Operators on applicable analytical methods
- Participate in procedure reviews and method validation
- Support trials for new process additives and/or implement new lab instruments as needed
- Provide oversight to all issued Certificates of Analysis (COAs) and understand specifications/regulatory limits for products shipped
- Manage lab inventory for consumables and supplies and manage outside services for equipment maintenance
- Document and communicate issues regarding quality, instrumentation, and production to appropriate terms
- Adhere to all plant health, safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, kneeling, crawling and grasping. Standing for extended periods of time, walking up to one (1) mile per day, and data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (Hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
- Ability to climb up to 200ft
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds
- Ability to push/pull 22 pounds
- Able to visually observe lab tests and discriminate subtle color differences to include detecting color changes in red/green hues
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Two years of quality lab experience OR Associates degree in science related discipline.
- Experience troubleshooting and operating analytical lab instruments
- Willingness to work in an industrial plant setting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid and current government issues driver's license
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to respond to and provide support on a 24/7 basis for emergency lab issues
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating and troubleshooting HPLCs, GCs, ICs
- Experience in an ethanol facility
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf