Georgia-Pacific Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS), LLC is key to ensuring that GP's 80+ mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips. The Wood and Fiber Supply team is seeking a Logistics Specialist. This position can be based out of our Atlanta, GA, Diboll, TX or Pineland, TX offices. Reporting to a Regional Fiber Group Manager, this person will work to build strong business relationships with transportation providers, material suppliers and customers within their operating areas and will help drive process improvements as well as developing innovative solutions to recurring issues.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring compliance with all health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures primarily focused towards transportation providers.
- Serving as the daily point of contact for supplier mills, customer mills (building products/pulp) and related transportation providers to coordinate delivery schedules and ensure no disruptions caused to the mill (high level of responsibility)
- Develop and analyze data/trends to support logistics procedures and policies with actionable metrics
- Assisting with the transportation management pertaining to the procurement and sales of fiber for a number of manufacturing facilities
- Ensuring proper documentation/distribution/account reconciliation for various contracts and vendors/buyers (contract management)
- Interact with multiple levels and functions within the organization and market
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree OR 3+ years experience in logistics or transportation
- Limited travel with some overnight travel
- Experience with Microsoft Word (i.e. documentation and formatting), Excel (i.e. creating workbooks and writing formulas with functions), Power Point (i.e. creating slides for presentations) and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in procurement
- Experience in the Forest Industry
- Master's Degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf