Federal Affairs Specialist
Koch Companies Public Sector is seeking a motivated, self-driven Federal Affairs Specialist to join their team in Washington D.C.
What You Will Do In Your Role
This position is responsible for providing all aspects of administrative and project specific support for three (3) Federal Affairs Directors, one (1) Coalitions Director, one (1) Federal Affairs Manager, as well as back-up support for the Vice President of Federal Affairs and other Federal Affairs team members. This position involves extensive contact with internal personnel as well as individuals in congressional or government agency staff and leadership roles.
- Manage day-to-day scheduling activities including arranging internal and external meetings with Members of Congress, stakeholders, and executives across all Koch companies
- Arrange and monitor travel arrangements
- Manage the new DC Office space
- Support the Federal Affairs Team by creating and managing meeting materials
- Follow Congressional hearings and events
- Attend meetings and events
- Routine administrative tasks such as preparation of correspondence, invoice payments, expense reports, company procurement card reconciliation, courier and overnight shipping, telephone coverage, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule PAC events for Federal Affairs team
- Manage or assist with projects as may be requested by Federal Affairs team members
- Provide backup coverage for the front office reception area and switchboard as required
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years’ experience working as a scheduler for a member of Congress (meeting scheduling and travel planning for federal lobbyists, legislators, or policy makers)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of classical liberal ideals, market principles and the advancement of liberty
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relationships with Congressional Offices
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf